- Tomasz M. Rutkowski, PhD - the project director with research interests in:
- Multisensory BCI paradigms (auditory, visual, somatosensory, olfactory, gustatory, etc.).
- "Brain correlates of creativity" elucidation in collaboration with Dr. Zbigniew STRUZIK, the ABSP Lab at RIKEN Brain Science Institute, and Prof. Takeshi OKADA, the University of Tokyo.
- Tactile and airborne-ultrasonic-tactile-display (AUTD) BCI in collaboration with Prof. Hiroyuki SHINODA, the University of Tokyo.
- Adaptive and data-driven multivariate biomedical, especially EEG, signal processing and machine learning methods development.
- "EEG hyperscanning" in collaboration with Dr. Andrzej CICHOCKI and members of his ABSP Lab at RIKEN Brain Science Institute.
- Selected recent publications:
- Huggins JE, Guger C, Allison B, Anderson CW, Batista A, Brouwer AM, et al.Workshops of the Fifth International Brain-Computer Interface Meeting: Defining the Future. Brain-Computer Interfaces. 2014;1(1):27-49. Available from: [link]
- Kono S, Aminaka D, Makino S, Rutkowski TM. Novel Tactile-force Brain-computer Interface Paradigm. Multimedia Tools and Applications. 2014;p. (invited, in preparation).
- Rutkowski TM, Mori H. Tactile and Bone-conduction Auditory Brain Computer Interface for Vision and Hearing Impaired Users. Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 2014;p. Available online 21 April 2014. Available from: [link].
- Rutkowski TM, Mori H, Mori K. Multi-command Tactile and Bone-Conduction-Auditory Brain-Computer Interface. In: Allison B, editor. Recent Advances in Brain-Computer Interface Research - The BCI Award 2013. Springer; 2014. p. (accepted, in press).